Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Will115
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT call guardian on BT Phone with BT Broadband

Go to solution
My mother has had BT call guardian on a BT 4600 phone working successfully for some time however she has just installed BT broadband and now the call guardian vetts ALL callers including those listed ( friends and family ) on her phone , I would be very grateful for any advice on how we get her phone working as it was before the BT hub was fitted.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT call guardian on BT Phone with BT Broadband

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

What has probably happened, is that Caller Display have been removed from her account when she upgraded to BT Broadband.

Caller display is needed for the phone to work properly.

Can she please check to see if  Caller Display is switched on by entering the code * # 234 #. If it's active you'll get the message Caller identity will be displayed.

If its not, then it can be added free of change using this link.

https://secureorder.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/orderproduct?productId=CON-27455&productKey=CON-CH...

BT Privacy and caller display, is near the top of the options on that screen.

0 Ratings
Will115
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you but so far I have not been successful , love tried entering the code but I get “sorry the service you require is not available “. I have also tried the requesting via the link but no success yet?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Will115 wrote:
Thank you but so far I have not been successful , love tried entering the code but I get “sorry the service you require is not available “. I have also tried the requesting via the link but no success yet?

If you have ordered it via that order link, and checked the order out, then it normally takes about 24 hours for it to be activated. You can track the order on MyBT.

If you cannot get anywhere using that link, then it would need the account holder to cal BT, on 0800 800 150, and have the free Caller Display facility added back onto the account.

Please update this thread with the result.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Will115

Has this now been resolved, I assume that it has?

0 Ratings
Will115
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Good morning Keith

thank you very much for your help , and yes the BT call Guardian is all working correctly again now.

regards. Will

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@Will115

Thanks for the update. I have marked it as solved.

0 Ratings