Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CaptnSpaulding
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

BT can't provide service for new property

Hello all,

Getting a bit frustrated as I'm supposed to be moving into a new (build) house on Thursday 8th of June so tried organising the 'moving home' however I keep getting an error along the way and it tells me to call their team. 

When I called the team up, they said they couldn't provide broadband at the property but they could install a telephone line. I told they there's no point as I only have a landline to use the internet and I don't use the phone so they basically said they couldn't help me further and to try a different provider.

I later tried Sky, and was told 'the line is only silver and needs to be gold for broadband'. I've no idea how I turn it gold or what to do next as BT just don't want to speak to me. 

I was told by the builders that the lines are ready - I've seen the sockets already installed in the house and the telephone pole outside is newly erected and was told the lines are installed underground. 

Does anyone understand any of this or know how I can get my broadband moved? My house was registered with Royal Mail around 2 weeks ago but doesn't show on google maps yet however if this helps.

Thank you 🙂

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT can't provide service for new property

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

You may have to use the address and postcode checker.

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

If you can get a phone line, then you should be able to get some form of ADSL broadband if you are not too far from the exchange.

It does not matter who you use, the problem will stiil be there, but you probably have a better chance of sorting it out with BT Retail, via this forum.

0 Ratings