cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomblanch
Message 1 of 4

BT can't take over previous line -

Hi,

Moved house on the 5th was with Sky who were meant to be activating my Internet on the Thursday they had issues which boiled down to the fact they couldn't take over the line they then wanted me to wait another 5 working days to replace my order then wait a further 14 working days after to reprocess so I subsequently spat my dummy out and left.

BT had a much smaller lead time although they have also said they can not take over the line and want us to install a new phone line, I've spoken to the previous owner who lives around the corner who has shown me proof that her line has been transferred so unsure who has control over the line.

On one hand i don't want to going around in circles waiting for internet but on the other i don't want ANOTHER phone line running down my house and being drilled through a wall while I already have one.

Does anyone have any advice on how i should tackle this? will they remove the previous phone line coming to my house? 

Thanks,

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT can't take over previous line -

@tomblanch 

If there is a pending cease on the line which would almost certainly be the case, then BT Retail cannot take over the line until that cease has been completed, hence the delay.

The existing phone wiring will be used, once the existing Openreach external network routing has been deleted.

0 Ratings
tomblanch
Message 3 of 4

Would have thought if her line & internet has already been transferred and in working order then the cease would have already taken place before they activated her new line? She's with the same provider and organised them to carry out a "home move".

0 Ratings
tomblanch
Message 4 of 4

with regards to the existing phone wiring will be used" how would they delete the external network routing? or is that part of the "cease" 

0 Ratings