cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT cannot port my landline number because apparently, a previous ISP has an incorrect postcode!

Go to solution

Hi, has anyone had a similar issue? I have lived at the same address with the same landline for the last 7 years. First with Sky, then Plusnet, then Virgin before transferring to BT on 31st Jan. I still do not have my phone number ported. After complaining to BT over a month and a half, they tell me the number won’t port because a previous ISP has the wrong postcode for my address. They say it isn’t their issue, and will do no more about it. They suggested I contact my previous ISP’s to see if they have the wrong postcode for my address. I know they do not, and doubt they will discuss an account  that is no longer active! Has anyone heard anything as ridiculous?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT cannot port my landline number because apparently, a previous ISP has an incorrect postcode!

Go to solution

which ISP originally issued you with the number?

there are numerous posts on the forum about problems porting numbers just use the search facility

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: BT cannot port my landline number because apparently, a previous ISP has an incorrect postcode!

Go to solution
Hi, I was with Sky when I moved to my current house 7 years ago. Looking at my old sky account, they have my address and postcode correct (although they do not have a space between the postcode area and district characters.) I can’t see that being the issue...
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

if you have used search and read other similar posts you will see problem is porting the number (having previously ported the number) from Virgin to BT as the number will have been returned to the owner of the number namely SKY

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

BT have been told by Openreach is that it cannot be ported yet, as a previous ISP have an incorrect postcode for the number. Before I moved 7 years ago, I was at a different address with the number. Despite being with Sky at my current address, would Sky have reinstated the original postcode back to this number? Have I any hope of getting it back? BT say it isn’t their issue, and have no interest in helping any further, and have left me to try and get it corrected. 

I am extremely disappointed that ISP’s can get away with this, despite paying them so much. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Unfortunately from other post I don't think you will get your number back

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I had given up, but 3 months late, and out of the blue, I got my number back! 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Wow. That's great

I would now buy a lottery ticket😊

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Not a bad idea!

0 Ratings