cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markduk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT charging me for a fault at their end.

Go to solution

i made a post  a few weeks back about not being able to make outgoing calls. after posting on here i got call from Bt who sent an openreach guy (he was the 2nd they had sent out) to my home and told my line was fine and BT must have on OCB . after a few days it was solved as it was BT's fault.  today i recieve my bill and im being charged for for a fault on BT's end.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT charging me for a fault at their end.

Go to solution
Recontact the moderator who helped you
0 Ratings
markduk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

thanks for the reply, just done what you asked and after fillling the details and clicking submit i get a blank page coming up, so fingers crossed it went through.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@markduk It's came through OK, we'll be in touch once it reaches the top of the list.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

It would interesting to know the outcome of this, if BT either on purpose or mistake make your line OCB (outgoing calls barred) and you don't know they have done it, you would experience it as a fault , you would probably do the usual checks they expect,  known working phone in test socket, get no dialtone or dialtone but unsuccessful calls, and be confident the problem isnt at your end.

Your  CP (BT Consumer in your case) , send Openreach out,  warning you of charges if the problem is at your end.

OR could argue that there was never a problem with the lineplant so consider it appropriate to charge BT Consumer for a unnecessary vist,

BT Consumer presumably should, when you reported your line 'faulty', check your line, said to you  something like ..'it isn't faulty it's OCB' and not involved OR at all,  they certainly shouldn't charge you for their incompetence, even if the reason for the OCB was say a 'billing problem' ,

Personally I think trying to charge you is outrageous , they should know if a line is OCB  or not 

Can  the OP let the forum know what  happens ...thanks

0 Ratings
markduk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

all I can say is the 2 guys from openreach confirmed my line was fine and BT must have put me on OCB. after spending 2 weeks talking to an BT indian call centre which proved useless i posted my fault here and recieved a call of BT by someone called claire, who sent the 2nd openreach guy, who tested my line and found no fault at my end and repeated what the first openreach guy said that BT must have put on me OCB and he had only seen this problem with new customers which im not. I then got a call of cliaire who mentioned she could see a frame line or line frame fault(she said something like that anyway) at bts end and told my line would be fixed in 24 hours which it was. i did a line test when first phoned bt since they make you do it anyway and it found no line fault. even tried a different phone plugged in. I could dial one number and that was 051, everything other number would tell me ringback was not availble on this line after dialing the 2nd number. I was fuming when i got my quartely bill yesterday for £189 for a phone line that hasnt worked for months and charging for a fault at BTs end.

0 Ratings
markduk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

its been sorted now, only have to pay the normal bill. just wanna say thanks for the moderators on here for helping out.