cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT disconnected my line in error and lawyer is being instructed

Hello, BT disconnected my landline in error - I have been a customer for nearly 17 years at my present address and a shareholder when the company was first floated in the late 80's. - however nothing has been done to rectify the situation and I have spent no less than 5 hours on the phone to BT from California where I am on business on the moment. I was passed round like a ball between your Customer Options and Order Managment departments and was informed that a man (I am a woman by the way) cancelled my line and any cancellation notice was sent to a wrong address (not the one on my billing address). I have had my number in all these years and it is extrememly offensive and annoying to the utmost degree that nothing has been done in 2 weeks with no communication from BT. I am in the process of instructing lawyers for breach of contract. All I want is for my line to be reactivated and my number back. Your billing department has got the nerve to charge me for disconnection and customer option informed me that the billing department has nothing to do with them. I am appalled at how badly this company is run from a shareholder's perspective and will contact the company's auditor for an account of their audit evidence of your operational and billing systems. Any comments?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT disconnected my line in error and lawyer is being instructed

When BT give bad service they get away with it because the compensation they offer is very small so they have no real incentive to improve.  If more people took them to court and sued them for genuine compensation for the trouble their incompetence can cause then they might be forced to give better service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators posts made here do not go directly to BT

0 Ratings
ckma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

This is certainly NOT SOLVED!!!!! I was simply saying a reply to my post is making sense.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@ckma wrote:
This is certainly NOT SOLVED!!!!! I was simply saying a reply to my post is making sense.

I think you can undo it if you click Options again.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6
Moved:

0 Ratings