Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greengrass
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

BT friends and family still exist?

Spoiler
Does BT friends and family still exist for landlines?
Spoiler
I want to add a number I use frequently and cannot find it on the BT website.
Spoiler
If it still exists can you please tell me how to find this feature.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT friends and family still exist?

Hi and welcome.

Friends and family no longer exsists

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
greengrass
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Hi and thanks for the welcome.

So when did friends and family end?

It would have courteous if BT could have e-mailed me to let me know the service was ending.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
wizkid
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

It ended in April 2010. 

The Friends and Family Mobile is still going though.

Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

It ended when free evening and weekend calls and any-time call packages became popular as they provide you with free calls rather then reduced price calls from friends ad family
Molly
Message 6 of 10

Sorry to come into this query after so many moths but am a new community member. I understand that friends and family has ended but they still quote friends and family mobile on my bill. How do I check what numbers they are discounting on and can I change them?
0 Ratings
greengrass
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for the answers, I will be happy to click the stars.

Molly I think a previous answer to my question said that friends and family still exists on mobiles.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

It applies to any mobile you call you cannot change them as ther is no need to it applies to all mobiles called
moriarte
Message 9 of 10

My mother is still under the impression that her Friends and Family set up is exactly as it was in 2009, and still religiously observes keeping calls under the hour and still worries if she goes over (even though my late father is no longer alive to bang the ceiling as an admonishment).

Can you please explain what version of F & F will have been applied to her account automatically, so that I can re-explain it all back to her, and she can do likewise to her siblings who all stilll also have been timing their calls religiously for the last nine years needlessly?

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 10 of 10

There are 3 main types of calling plans for calling UK landlines, they are :

Unlimited weekend calls (Inclusive midnight friday to midnight Sunday)
Unlimited evening and weekend calls (Inclusive 7pm to 7am weekdays, 7pm Friday right through to 7am Monday)
Unlimited anytime calls (Inclusive any time of any day) and also gives half price calls to UK mobiles.

During the inclusive period calls to UK landlines are free for up to 1 hour per call, after 1 hour they become chargeable, you can always hang up and redial to get another hour free.
During the inclusive period you can also make free calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers (Fair use applies of 150 calls or 1000 minutes per month)

Do you have access to your mothers bills ? if she doesn't have broadband and makes more than an 90 minutes of calls per month, see about moving her to Home phone saver 2020, It's £21.99 which includes line rental, also comes with unlimited anytime calls and a whole host of other handy features, another benefit is it comes with a price guarantee until 2021 even after the 18 month minimum duration, so you can set her up and not worry about the monthly cost increasing.

If she does have broadband then you'd have to see how many calls she makes to see what calling plan would suit her needs.

0 Ratings