Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pilot509
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT have lost my existing phone number.....PLEASE HELP

Dear NeilO,

I replied to your message as you advised but I haven't had a response from you yet?

I really do need help with this as it is causing me major problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Hi Pilot509,

Sorry about the delay, you're close to the top of our queue and we'll be in touch shortly.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
chev59
Message 13 of 15

The same happened to me - they cannot change it.  I specified when ordering at BT that I needed to keep my number and was assured that i would.  When I was finally connected (problem with the line the first time that no one bothered to call me about) I found that my number had changed.  Contacted BT - no problem they said we will change it back in 72 hours.  That did not happen.  I called and was told that it had not happened as there was a problem at the exchange, I was later told by another operator thyat this was not true and that the number could not be changed.

I asked to be called back several times but no one called me.  Eventually an advisor logged a complaint and this takes up to 10 working days.  Someone has rang me on the back of this complaint, confirmed that my number cannot be changed.  Like you I had a very good reason for keeping my own number and would not have gone with BT if I had been told I could not keep my old number.  The blow would have been softened had the staff been efficient and had i not been told that it could be reversed (twice.)

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Same happend to me. BT told me that I would be able to keep my original number...............but guess what.......yes they gave me a different number BT are a bunch of incompetant liers. DON@T USE BT

0 Ratings
Pilot509
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Dear pssdoffBriTcustomer,

I did evenually get my number back. I wrote an email direct to Libby Bar and through her help (and her wonderful senior staff) I managed to get my existing number back. It CAN be done but does take lots of hard work and persistance! It took me nearly eight months to get my numer back. Stick with it, don't give up and eventally they will sort it.

I really don't understand what with modern technology that it can't be done quick and easy?

Good luck

0 Ratings