cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slowv
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT home smartphone & smarttalk

After a software upgrade on my BT home smartphone my smarttalk disapeared and I am now unable to reload it as google says it is already installed. Any ways round this?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT home smartphone & smarttalk

Is it still under warranty. If so maybe a call to the helpline .

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I'm assuming you've tried [and failed] to delete the BT ST app from within the phones operating system........

I know the phone you're referring to but have not had my hands on one.  Is it possible to connect the phone to a PC via a cable connection and remove the app that way?

Plan B sadly might have to be a factory reset which should remove user installed apps unless BT have mucked about with the Android operating system.

If and when [fingers crossed] you suceed in deleting the app which I think you should do, I'd suggest deleting the BT ST profile for the number from within Bt.com and starting again.

As you probably know, a operating system upgrade shouldnt conflict/delete user installed apps on Android devices, which suggests to me that BT have tinkered with the operating system, hence your problem.

So I'd suggest, delete app from phone; delete phone profile/number from BT ST via Bt.com and sadly, start again.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
slowv
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the replies . I will be looking at things today and report back if and when the problem is solved. Tony, nice to see you are still about I remember you from the now defunct Fritzbox forum.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

@slowv wrote:

Thanks for the replies . I will be looking at things today and report back if and when the problem is solved. Tony, nice to see you are still about I remember you from the now defunct Fritzbox forum.

Still about and older. Smiley Sad

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings