cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT line rental charge just for a landline

Is it true, if you have on a landline and no broadband at all, the monthly BT line rental  charge is reduced ? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re:a BT line rental charge just for a landline

My understanding is you pay for what you get. 

If you only want a landline that's what you pay for, if you want BB with it you pay more. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT line rental charge just for a landline

@simw1 wrote:

Is it true, if you have on a landline and no broadband at all, the monthly BT line rental  charge is reduced ?

The short answer appears to be "Possibly." Have a look here and click "Don't have broadband?" at the top of the price list.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Re: Re:a BT line rental charge just for a landline

There are reduced landline deals for pensioners/seniors who do not have broadband from any ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Re: Re:a BT line rental charge just for a landline

The way the line rental only qualification is worded is open to interpretation, a landline without any access to broadband, so what if you had stand alone broadband from VM and wanted to benefit from a ‘cheap’ landline from BT ( with the £7 / month reduction ) , strictly you have access to broadband ( even if it’s not with a provider that uses Openreach) so no reduction on the line rental...but genuinely no broadband then the line rental reduction should be available

0 Ratings