cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnthonyJ
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT seem to be having trouble providing me with a Landline

We placed our first order for BT Phone and Broadband on 8th September, after exchanging on our new home, as there was a BT line already at the property thought this would be a no-brainer.  Order went through ok and then had a call a couple of days later to say there was a problem with the order and would need to do a new order, with activation date of 25th September.  

The 25th came and our router was delivered but no landline.  Called the next day and told the reason for the delay was because the landline currently at the property didn't run out until 2nd October, so was told our new number would be activated on the 3rd October.  

On 2nd October the landline went dead, and no new line activated on the 3rd,  called again and told that whoever told us these dates were incorrect, and the line previously at the property was a BT business line and therefore no transfer to residential would be allowed.  So had to do a new order, and as there was now no phone line at the property would have to pay £130.00 for a new line and engineer visit and there was now a fault to our wiring/connection within the property.  Keeping calm.....called customer servicse and was told, no there would be no charge, and we would not be required to be at the property on the day of the new activation date of 9th October.

The date came and went with still no landline, had to re-arrange appointment for 16th October between 1-6pm - was at home from 12.45 but no engineer came (although upon calling today the engineer notes say they tried the property around 17.15 rang the door bell (have no door bell) and no answer so left) there is no way an engineer called, we live down a country lane and every vehicle has to go by our house and no BT openreach van can down the lane.   I asked for the engineers name, but they wouldnt give it to me.   Am just so frustrated that a company like BT can't just simply install a landline.  The number they provided us as our new number, when you call it, does ring (just not on our phone!)

Have been on the phone so many times to BT via mobile as we have no landline (dread to think the cost!)  each call ranged from 50-60mins and everytime have been put on hold, waiting to speak to a manager, and then they disconnect me!  I am simply getting no-where all I get is when I phone that we need to re-schedule appointment.  The next available appointing is now 14th November 2013!!  If I book this time off, there is obvioulsy no guarantee BT engineer with turn up or they will lie about it again!

I am losing customers because of this as some elderly customer won't ring a mobile and only ring a landline.  I have let them know my telephone number, having stickers and business cards printed with the original number BT provided to me, but as I had to do a new order this is now a different number!  going round in circles,  and can see from the forum this is not an isolated case..... but there is nothing I can do apart from re-schedule and try again i guess!  

Sorry about my rant but feels quite good to get it down in writing, presume next step is write and complain.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
ljm
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT seem to be having trouble providing me with a Landline

Hello Anthony

The best thing you could do is try Live Chat.

Alternatively, when the Mods see this I am sure they will contact you to get things sorted out.  So don't worry, there is always light at the end of a tunnel.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi AnthonyJ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your order.  I can help sort things out from here.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@AnthonyJ wrote:

I am losing customers because of this as some elderly customer won't ring a mobile and only ring a landline.  I have let them know my telephone number, having stickers and business cards printed with the original number BT provided to me, but as I had to do a new order this is now a different number!  going round in circles,  and can see from the forum this is not an isolated case..... but there is nothing I can do apart from re-schedule and try again i guess!  

Sorry about my rant but feels quite good to get it down in writing, presume next step is write and complain.

if you are losing customers is this a business line or are you running a business on a residential line?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 5 of 7

Hello imjolly,

I think his post is self-explanatory i.e. he doesn't have a telephone line, be it business or residential.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

@ljm wrote:
Hello imjolly,

I think his post is self-explanatory i.e. he doesn't have a telephone line, be it business or residential.

That's not the point  residential phones are not intended to be used as business lines as per the T&C.  this forum can only help if residentail phone line that is required/being installed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AnthonyJ
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Hi imjolly

Thanks for your response.

I'm not running a business from my landline, I'm a self-employed heating engineer and all business calls come through my mobile.  However, some customers like to call my home number, as a more personal touch, as some elderly customers won't call a mobile.  There is no requirement for a business line, but am just worried in case my elderly customers try the number I was provided by BT which is invalid, and go elsewhere.

Thanks for your interest, regards AnthonyJ

0 Ratings