cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT text to voice?

I've received a few messages delivered to my BT landline as voice calls.

They come from 07953966066 and the call says to call back in order to hear the message again.

It's a bit strange, if they are genuine messages, that I'm barred from calling the number from my BT landline.

It's very frustrating because I don't know who the messages are from though they sound genuine.

If this number is blocked by BT how do I unblock it? I haven't set any number blocks for receiving or dialling out.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT text to voice?

A search on a website for checking nuisance callers log that number as a scam caller.
These websites are usually, but not always, correct, but looking at the numbers of reports on this caller, you should block the number.

You can also report the number to BT's "report a scam call".

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I’m not at all convinced this is a scam. More likely a feature that’s been poorly thought out and isn’t working as intended 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

pompey1898
Expert
Message 5 of 6

@MrGrumpyPontefractwrote:

I’m not at all convinced this is a scam. More likely a feature that’s been poorly thought out and isn’t working as intended 

It is definitely a scam.  Report it here :- https://www.bt.com/consumer/edw/scams/

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 6

From the content of the original post, it looks as if BT have already blocked the caller. There’s no harm in still reporting the call to BT though.

0 Ratings