cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmmaShah
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT wiring still not replaced- phone not working for nearly a month!

We have had two Open Reach engineers visit since the phone was reported to be faulty on 17 th April. Neither of them did anything. The phone wiring is nearly 40 years old and they both said the wires were out of date and needed replacing. They come off a telegraph pole which also has an electricity wire attached higher up. The last engineer said that he had the wrong colour ladder- apparently it needs a blue ladder so another team- who? should come maybe with scaffolding. There are a few bushes in the area near the telegraph pole- although not directly in front of it and not near the wiring. These may need to be cut but neither engineer could tell me by how much- they said that BT would cut them and not charge me for this. The wire also travels across a flat roof and down into our house- all the wiring needs replacing. How can I actually get this done? BT have been very unhelpful. Menawhile we are paying for a phone service that we don't have. Our internet is also struggling and goes off completely when it rains. I am running out of patience.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT wiring still not replaced- phone not working for nearly a month!

Hi EmmaShah,

If you need any help with this please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
EmmaShah
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Latest on this fault is that Open reach engineer arrived Friday- I was not notified and could easily have not been at home that day. He had a blue ladder but was not keen on going up the pole. Sacffolding arrived but it was the WRONG TYPE of SCAFFOLDING- ie, it was aluminium andnot suitable for a pole which also has electric wiring.....am waiting to hear when they might want to come back. Phone has been off for over a month now............  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

have you contacted NeilO as he will be able to get more details on the fault you have for you
0 Ratings