Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillBest
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT2500 5th handset registration problem

Hi,

I have a BT2500 cordless quad telephone set which is working fine. However, I now wish to register a 5th handset but I cannot get it to register. I have followed the instructions to the letter but I keep getting the Registration Failed message. The user guide for the system says five GAP compliant handsets can be registered. The 5th handset I am trying to register is another BT2500 handset.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going wrong and how I can carry out this 5th registration?

Many Thanks,

Will

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT2500 5th handset registration problem

Hi @WillBest and welcome.

It sounds like you've tried everything at you side so your best bet might be to conact the product support guys. You cab get them at  0800 145 6789 Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm if the phone is still in warranty or on 0800 980 8999 if it's out of warranty.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
WillBest
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT2500 5th handset registration problem

Hi DavidM,

Thank you for your reply. My phone set is out of warranty so I needed to dial the 0800 980 8999 number. Unfortunately, it is only manned Mon-Fri 9am-5pm so it has taken until today for me to be able to call within those time slots. This time when I rang it, I got a message indicating that the helpline is run by Discount Communications Ltd on behalf of BT and that for Technical Help you need to ring 0906 802 0198. That is a premium number and calls will cost 65p per minute so it could be an expensive call with possibly no solution. Therefore, before I make it, could I ask - Has anyone managed to register a 5th handset? -  so that I know that it is possible.

I hope someone can help. We are hoping to use the 5th handset so that someone we are caring for can alert us that they need us rather than having to shout.

Thanks,

Will

0 Ratings