cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT3950

I have just purchased a new BT3950 twin digital cordless phone with answering machine. I charged it for 16 hours before installing it as it said in the instructions. I made a phone call yesterday to my mum, and although she could hear me perfectly, I couldn’t hear her except as a very faint voice in the background. Moving the handset volume buttons up to 5 made no difference.

I then tried calling her from the 2nd handset and all was fine. 
Now I see that the main handset is still charging despite showing full bars when I installed it.

i have read the manuals, been all over the internet, tried every button on the handset and it still does not work. 
What am I doing wrong? Other than this it’s a nice phone.

Any help would be welcomed. It’s driving me nuts.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT3950

If your phone is within warranty: By phone: 0800 145 6789  Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm or email them on By email: Click here for email support

Message 3 of 5

Thanks. I have emailed with a full explanation so will see what happens.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Have you ensured all protective plastic has been removed? Some phones have a small piece of sticky plastic over the earpiece. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes, plastic has been removed. All buttons pressed, menus gone through with a fine tooth comb. I’m still no further forward. I am just waiting to hear back from the BT support team.

0 Ratings