cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT4600 blocked callers getting through

Hi, in the last couple of days blocked callers have been getting through - the phone is ringing and display screen shows the caller name and Blocked. Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks for any info and assistance. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT4600 blocked callers getting through

@Sonas 

Make sure you have BT Call Guardian turned on, otherwise blocked numbers will not be blocked.

Perhaps you have somehow added them to your phone directory by mistake, and now they can get through without announcing themselves? I assume you have set Call Guardian so unknown callers have to announce themselves?

Check your list of numbers to see if they are there.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Keith. I’ve had the phone about eighteen months and have never had Guardian.  The phone has a call blocking feature of “up to 1000 calls” and it is only in the last couple of days that this is happening.  Display screen shows the number and the word blocked but calls now getting through. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I have the same phone. You need to have Call Blocking (it used to be called call guardian)  turned on , and the mode normally set to announce, unless you want unknown or blocked numbers to go to answerphone.

See page 18 onwards on the online manual https://shop.bt.com/content/uni2/documentation/by4k/3653_bt4600_ug_call_blocking_version_iss.4_[3].p...

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thank you Keith, I’ll let you know how I get on. 

0 Ratings