cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmjones74
Message 1 of 5

BT6500 call blocking and Skype

We have just acquired this phone and have gone through the menu for call blocking as we have been driven nigh demented of late because of cold calls.  

My daughter lives in Canada and keeps in touch with us using Skype.  She is anxious to know whether this phone will allow Skype calls through.   Anyone know the answer?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT6500 call blocking and Skype

The phone will only block calls on your home landline, it will not block skype calls that come over the internet.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Dave,

They may mean calls made to UK phones using Skype.

There is an explanation on this page.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1248/what-is-caller-identification-and-how-does-it-work#CallerID_...

Provided that the incoming number presented to the phone has been whitelisted, it should present no problem.

0 Ratings
amsr
Message 4 of 5

By default, I have found the hard way, Skype is blocked. If it is not practical or polite to get your Skype callers to set up call ID, the only way I could solve this was by using my BT landline account online to change all the settings including 'numbers blocked by BT' to Allowed. Merely setting anonymous numbers to allowed, or doing this via the phone itself or 1572 did not work. good luck
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 5 of 5

You are posting on a 5 year old thread.  Are you confusing call blocking with BT Call Protect ?

0 Ratings