Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agkq62
Beginner
Message 21 of 130

Re: BT6500 not ringing all handsets

Thanks for the reply.

Phone came direct from BT

Corded phone isn't an option as the phone point is in the kitchen and she needs it by her in the lounge.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 130

Sorry, didn't make it clear I was only suggesting a corded phone as a stopgap if you have to send the other one back.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
agkq62
Beginner
Message 23 of 130

That's what I was meaning, with her present state of health corded isn't an option even for the short term.

0 Ratings
agkq62
Beginner
Message 24 of 130

I have just looked on the BT Shop website and the BT6500 is classed as "on order, no confirmed delivery date"

Does this mean they have withdrawn them?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 130

I wouldn't be surprised if BT are not too bothered about being out of stock. The BT6500 seems has been problematic, which is a pity as it looked a great bit of kit when it first appeared. It's still available on Amazon and at Currys (BT6510, same thing).

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
gman99
Contributor
Message 26 of 130

Hi Craig,

I have the exact same issue as reported. I have the twin pack and when I block International calls the base rings and the handset on the base but the second handset does not. The second handset shows the incoming mobile number (sometimes prepended by INTERNATIONAL) but it does not ring. The ringer is fine, it will ring for internal calls and if I turn off blocking.

I contacted the Helpdesk but was just given the standard response via email which won't cover this fault which looks like a software issue.

I was then told to return it to store however there's a good chance I'll get another faulty one if this is indeed a software/batch fault.

Any info you need please let me know

0 Ratings
Libcat
Contributor
Message 27 of 130

I have exactly the same problem. The Helpdesk suggested resetting the base and it seemed to work when I called it from my mobile. I believe that a lot of junk calls are international, so this is quite a problem
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 130

I rent the quad version from BT.  Having had them replaced several times they are now working as advertised. I would like to point one problem I have experienced.  I had asked my GP for a telephone consultation.  I had the system set to reject calls not using caller ID and unavailable.  So because he rang from an extension on a private PBX his call did not show caller ID and was rejected so beware.

0 Ratings
Libcat
Contributor
Message 29 of 130

Well I find that both handsets will ring if I unblock everything. That rather defeats the object. I suppose that the extra handset in the living room means that I don't have to go to another room to swear at the junk calls. It's disappointing, though. Like others, I hesitate about asking for a replacement in case I just get another dud.
0 Ratings
Libcat
Contributor
Message 30 of 130

I have experimented a bit and the problem definitely seems to be with the international block. Withheld and no caller ID seem to be fine. Many of my junk calls used to show up as unavailable. I assume that these will be blocked
0 Ratings