cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 130

Re: BT6500 not ringing all handsets

Have just bought dual pack of BT 6510 ( same phone slightly different design) same problem with handsets not ringing, but works OK provided No Caller ID calls are allowed. No problem blocking International or Withheld numbers or using Do Not Disturb.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 130

Been playing with settings further and it seems to just randomly stop ringing on one of the two handsets, regardless of blocking or not. Phoned home line from my mobile 10 times and one rang 8 times, one rang 3 times with only the base actually ringing for each call. All these calls were made with no blocking options at all and without changing any settings. Totally confused. Are the handsets faulty or is this a known problem they are trying to fix?

0 Ratings
Bib1
Contributor
Message 33 of 130

What's happened to the activity on this thread?

The last post from BT said thay would keep us informed on progress.

I've just registered because I'm having the same problem of 'not all handsets ringing'. Those that don't ring, treat the incoming call as 'blocked' - those that ring, treat it as 'allowed'. Look on the call list and it shows as 'blocked' - look again and the 'blocked icon has gone.

I was hoping to see a resolution by now.

Is it a software problem? Is there an update? How do we get it? Do we have to replace our phones? Just the base unit or all the handsets.

Come on BT - please help us out here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gman99
Contributor
Message 34 of 130

Its a software problem. I've had my handsets replaced and they are bang on now, worked just like I'd expect and I'm happy to say many of those annoying callers just don't bother trying anymore they must have got the message when they are always sent straight to voice mail Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Bib1
Contributor
Message 35 of 130

gman99: Thanks for the reply.

I wonder if my handsets have an old software version:
MENU - SETTINGS - S/ware version:
    Handset: XH08322_H5123
    Base:        XB0810_B5124
Would you mind having a look at yours?

Anyone else out there with this problem and same version as me?

0 Ratings
gman99
Contributor
Message 36 of 130

I have the exact same "displayed" versions of software as you, but... I also had the same displayed version of software on the problem handsets, so it doesn't look like they've updated the version info, it was the first thing I looked at when I got my replacements.

You should contact BT direct and explain the issue, I had to return mine to store a number of times each time I got a bad set. I contacted BT direct and got a version with the fix.

0 Ratings
Bib1
Contributor
Message 37 of 130

Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Sounds like a software bug that has not been fixed - it's just triggered by circumstance.

Once triggered, it may be 'reset' by draining the power from capacitors etc (probably why the Help Desk asks customers to unplug the base for 30 mins).

I've disabled all forms of call blocking and, for now, I'll stick with what I've got - can't face re-entering my entire contact list over and over again until I find a set of phones that work.

As a precaution, I've also re-connected a bog-standard wired phone to the line - just to check the 6500 detects all incoming calls.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
gman99
Contributor
Message 38 of 130

Well every set of phones I've had have had this problem apart from the replacements direct from BT

I know inputting the contacts are a pain but I would recommend you get a replacement because the problem will never go away. I can't see anyway they could send out software updates so... I'd just bite the bullet and get it done.

Its well worth it, apart from that bug they are great phones

0 Ratings
theDreamer
Contributor
Message 39 of 130

@ gman99, i got the same problem on my phones but i purchased  my twin set  bt6500 direct from bt in march 2013. Which department did you call to have them replaced ?do you have number?

If i call the help desk number (phone number on the bt6500 package) i'm told i need to contact bt for replacement as i didnot purchase via bt shop, when i mentioned to the guy that there seems to be a common problem with this model he categorically denied there was any issues, claiming they sold hunderd of thousands of these sets, and not had any bad reviews. When i told him to go on bt community forum and read up and his reply was never heard of the forum lololol, don't surprise me a bit with BT's lies.

0 Ratings
theDreamer
Contributor
Message 40 of 130

BT got something right for once, 🙂  I got my replacement set this morning. So far the phone sets seem ok,As mentioned above firmware revision are the same. The only real difference i noticed between the two sets before i sent the faulty model back was the packaging. The block nuisance calls logo has a different colour on the new packaging. Attach is the two packaging showing the differences. I hope this help's, those people who have replaced the set more then once with the same problem. P.S the speaker is much better on the new set compared to the old one.

bt6500_models.jpg

0 Ratings