Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bib1
Contributor
Message 41 of 130

Re: BT6500 not ringing all handsets

Well spotted Sir!

The box that my (bad) phone came in has a blue shield logo. So far so good.

Anyone else kept the box?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gman99
Contributor
Message 42 of 130

Yes well spotted, mine was the blue shield but now I have the red shield version and its all good. That should certainly help people now and when they come to purchase one Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
locheil
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 130

I have the bought thetwin pack  BT6510 model with the same s/ware etc & same issues.... did you find a soulution?

0 Ratings
Bib1
Contributor
Message 44 of 130

What colour is the shield on your packaging?

Seems that the red shield version is good and the blue shield is bad.

So far, we have 3 bad blues and two good reds.

To answer your request for a solution ... you probably have to return it and hope to get one that works.

As a matter of interest to my inquiring mind, did your's mis-behave out of the box or did the probelms surface after a while?

0 Ratings
clee1
Message 45 of 130

Hi, new to this forum but have had the problem with handsets not ringing. Think I've sorted it by turing up the handset ringing volume using the BT instructions; See below: 

Handset settings

Set the handset ringtone for external or internal

calls and the ringer volume

1. Select

Menu, scroll to display Settings and

press

Select.

Sounds is highlighted, press Select. Ringing is

highlighted, press

Select.

3. Press or to highlight the external melody you

want, then press to select the internal melody

you want.

4. Press again to select the volume level you

want and select

Save to save your choices.

0 Ratings
Graham03
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 130

I had this problem (handsets not ringing) with a 'blue shield' phone.  I contacted BT and when a reset failed to fix it they suggested getting a replacement.  Bit annoying as by then I had two months' worth of contacts in the address book, but I did so, got a new 'red shield' phone and everything worked fine for 2 weeks while I had the international calls set to allowed.  I then changed it to international calls blocked, and immediately the fault returned - a call from a mobile number in my address book was blocked - on the new 'red shield' phone.  So I've switched international calls back to allowed and the fault has (for now) gone away.  Annoying though, because blocking international calls was one of the facilities I bought this phone for 😞

0 Ratings
Libcat
Contributor
Message 47 of 130

Yes, the problem is definitely with the blocking of international calls. When I allow them, both handsets ring. It's a shame, but most of my junk calls are unavailable, and it blocks those
0 Ratings
Bib1
Contributor
Message 48 of 130

Oh well - Graham03's reply blows another fine theory out of the water! Seems that BT6500's with a red shield on the packaging are not immune to our little problem.

And, like mine, his problems only started after a 'good' phone had been in use for some time.

Anyone else found that an apparently good replacement has developed the fault after say, 4 weeks or so?

0 Ratings
2101bob
Beginner
Message 49 of 130

That's not a phone problem, it's a Government Policy problem! Some years ago it was decided to make all public services ring out with caller ID suppressed. That's Councils, the NHS and so on. In theory it's to do with Privacy, as they can't tell if the phone is being picked up by the right person. In practice, a bit of plain common-sense would solve this rubbish! Many people in the public sector are really fed up with getting the "you're blocked" response and having to turn to their own mobiles to make calls - which could be really urgent.

I suppose someone, somewhere once did have someone else pick up their call, pretend to be them and so someone in the public sector got sued. Makes you wonder how anyone ever managed to live at all when most had shared party-lines or used the nearest phone box!

0 Ratings
Libcat
Contributor
Message 50 of 130

Unavailable calls go to voicemail so can be retrieved. The problem with some handsets not ringing seems to occur when the phone is asked to block international calls.
0 Ratings