cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ids
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 130

BT6500 not ringing all handsets

I have a dual pack of the BT6500 phones, but am experiencing an odd issue where the ringer does not sound on all the handsets for an incoming call all the time. Sometimes only one of the handsets rings. I have ringtones set on all handsets, and the volume up, and I do not have a do not disturb time set on any of them. I have international and no CLI calls blocked with all others allowed.

One incoming call will ring all the handsets , the next might only ring one. The display on the handset that does not ring does show the call details, but does not light up. I have encountered a few other issues with the software on these handsets but unreliable ringing is the worst of them. 

0 Ratings
129 REPLIES 129
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 130

Re: BT6500 not ringing all handsets

Hi Ids,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.

I am no expert on these phones but it sounds to me that there may be a fault.  As sometimes it works as expected and other times it doesn't.  Have you tried the helpdesk? 

You can get some further info including the 0800 number for the help desk on this link,

BT6500

Really hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
djm1951
Beginner
Message 3 of 130

I have this problem too.

The website and helpdesk are not particularly helpfull with this problem. So far they have suggested removing and replacing the batteries and when this failed unplugging the telephone cable from the broadband filter and plugging directly into the telephone socket. Neither cures the problem.

I have so far been able to identify one of the problems - when I set the phones to block International calls the software treats some mobile numbers as International and blocks them. The effect this has is to ring at the base but not the handsets although the handsets show the callers details correctly but as blocked. Importantly as the handsets do not ring the backlight does not come on making it extremely difficult to identify the caller.

It seems to me there is a problem with the software in these phones and BT really needs to take a good look at this. The handsets work fine with no call blocks set but that function is probably the main reason anyone buys this model.

BT please do something about this.

0 Ratings
gmartin174
Message 4 of 130

Just installed 6500 Trio - one set would not ring - found that by holding star key for 2 seconds message comes on screen "ringer off" hold again for 2 secs and msg says"Ringer ON"

hope this solves your problem 

0 Ratings
ids
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 130

Nope...ringers are on on all handsets. I did switch on the First Ring setting to ON which might have made things more stable..Still checking

0 Ratings
djm1951
Beginner
Message 6 of 130

The ringer on both phones is definitely on.

I am pretty sure that the problem lies with the block on International calls.

Due to some problem with the software on these phones they seem to be labelling all kinds of calls as International when they are clearly not. 

I have removed the International block and the calls are now ringing.

The display shows the number which is not International but above the number the word International is shown.

If International was blocked this number would not ring.

BT need to do something about this.

0 Ratings
ids
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 130

Interestingly I have just been in my local branch of Currys, and there lo and behold is a new BT6510. Looks like exactly the same handset but with a styled circular base and charge cradle. Now what I want to know is...is this a revised hand with a software load with bugfixes applied, and if so when we will be able to exchange our handsets with weird issues for fixed ones

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 130

@ids wrote:

Interestingly I have just been in my local branch of Currys, and there lo and behold is a new BT6510. Looks like exactly the same handset but with a styled circular base and charge cradle. Now what I want to know is...is this a revised hand with a software load with bugfixes applied, and if so when we will be able to exchange our handsets with weird issues for fixed ones

Think you may be barking up the wrong tree there. See 3rd paragraph up in this press release.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
r1sean
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 130

My BT6500 was working for about 1 month but the last 2 days all numbers 01 or 02 say international and are diverted to the answerphone. What I have done is set thoses friends numbers as contacts and the phone works bit of a pain but so so
R1Sean
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 130

That doesn't sound right. Even though you can work round it I'd report it to the in-warranty helpdesk 0800 145 6789.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.