We have had this phone for a few months now.
1. The 'Call Guardian message' is very difficult we are told to understand.
2. My husband has 3 siblings living in different parts of Canada. All have complained about not being able to understand voice (1. above)
3. The last time they had to supply name (even though all correct dialling codes in address book) I phoned and was told they would reset hand base or something. Nothing changed.
4. Now as they are having to phone each other more often - the problem is annoying. It will not give option2 to always accept their call.
So - phoned BT - they say it is not the phone. International calls sometimes will not be recognised by the exchange so you will not get the Option 2. They either have to keep saying who they are (which annoys them because they cannot understand clearly what she is saying) are we accept International Calls. So my reply was - that is where most of the nusiance calls come from!
5. I was just explaining the to my son and he said when I phoned land line from my mobile I had to say who i was. He is in the phone book - so we did it again and I had to press option 2.
Is this phone worth the hasstle to stop cold calls?
Like most of these phones, they do rely on them receiving a good CLI information from the exchange. This can occasionally get corrupted.
I have the BT4600, although I do not use Call Guardian. I make two entries for family (VIP), one for a home number, and one for a mobile number.
I have tried Call Guardian, just to make sure it works, should I ever have an issue with cold callers.
Thank you. Can you tell me what 'CLI information from the exchange' is?
CLI (Caller Line Identifier).
Its a short burst of audio data which is sent from the exchange, just before the first ringing current is sent.
If you have a noisy phone line, then this CLI data can be lost, so the phone will not display any number.