cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maggs902
Message 1 of 3

BT8500 Green indicator light

Have had the BT8500 for a few months but several times the green light at the front of the base unit (power/call indicator light) has gone out after getting an unknown/unanswered number via CG. The first time this occurred on the new phone, BT helpline advised carrying out a Reset of the base settings. This brought back the green light, but it has happened several times since, each necessitating a reset. I don't know whether lack of the green light affects the working of the phone in any way, but should this be happening?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT8500 Green indicator light

Hi Maggs902,

That doesn't sound like it should be happening, the helpdesk will be able to advise if this is a faulty base unit and explain how to get it replaced if its still under warranty. Their contact info can be found on this link.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Maggs902
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT8500 Green indicator light

Hi - I've now taken to turning off the mains supply overnight to electrical items which includes the phone base; switching the supply back on in the morning seems to bring the green light back on. However, the lack of green light does NOT appear to affect the phone or CG working. Think I'll just ignore it and continue turning off the electric socket at night.

0 Ratings