Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LesleyR
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT8500 Twin

Hi
Can anyone help with a problem I have with my 2nd handset. The display screen lights up at random times for no reason. In the middle of the night it lights up the whole bedroom and it's driving us nuts. Any idea what might be causing this?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
leshay
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT8500 Twin

Hi

Yes, I have the same issue. I get spurious 'light ups' fairly frequently. Most of the time it happens it displays 'line error - please correct', sometimes no message - I suspect that when there is no message, it is because the 'error' has cleared very quickly.

Regards from Livingston, Scotland
0 Ratings
LesleyR
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

When it happens the display stays lit up until I lift the handset and replace it again.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
leshay
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Hi

When it happens with me, if there is a 'line cord error' message displayed, then for whatever reason, the error clears and the phone goes to the BT logo screen for the usual timeout period and the reverts to the screensaver.

If, as sometimes happens, the screen lights up and seems to go straight to the BT logo screen for the usual timeout period. In these cases, I think the 'line cord error' did likely occur but cleared immediately.

0 Ratings
LesleyR
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

What is a line chord error? I don't get any messages at all and it doesn't ever revert to the screens average until I lift and replace the handset.
0 Ratings
leshay
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I don't know what it is, and can't find out. There are others who have the same/similar.

0 Ratings