cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT8500 - When using automated services it does not recognise number selected 1st press

Recently bought quad pack of BT8500. Phones do not always register 1st number dialled so have to press 2nd time. This is extremely frustrating when using automated IVR such as "Press 1 for x" as press 1 and nothing happens as number does not register so have to press it again. Started using own mobile now for such calls but 90 year old mother just cant get hang of it so thinking of getting wired phone for her to use. It is as though it goes to sleep and you have to press a key to wake up them

n it works.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
chime
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT8500 - When using automated services it does not recognise number selected 1st press

I've noticed this 'problem' occurs when a key has not been pressed for approx 30 seconds and the screen dims. The few times I need to "press x for..." I reset the timer for the dimming by periodically pressing a key that doesn't do anything on the screen I'm using. This is usually the left or right arrow. The number key press then responds first time.

Maybe you could tell your mother to press a key that will only brighten the screen, or do nothing if it hasn't dimmed, before pressing the number key.

0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 3 of 7

Re: BT8500 - When using automated services it does not recognise number selected 1st press

@chime and @wirralwalker according to page 3 of this guide: http://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/4043773/1410509726/redirect/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xN...  there is a screen saver facility, perhaps that can be turned off or the time it takes for it to activate extended?

Just a thought 

Smiley Happy

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks. Will give that a go. Mother in law is 90 so presses the wrong buttons at the best of times so if I can adjust phone so she can use it so much the better.
0 Ratings
chime
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I tried this before previous posting.

The screen saver only offers blank or clock. It's the next step of 'asleep' after the screen dimming.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks Chime. Yes, saw that when I looked so screensaver no use. Dimming after about 3 secs not great.
0 Ratings
chime
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thoughtful of CJT80 to mention it though.

It's just one of the features that could have been better implemented on this model.

It doesn't bother me too much and is far outweighed by the usefulness of the call blocking function.

Hope you find an answer for your mother using it.

0 Ratings