cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buzzb
Message 1 of 8

BT8500 error message

Hi, shot in the dark but someone may know, my BT8500 can not make calls , ie no dial tone, but will recieve incoming calls fine. The message on screen says "line in use call cannot be made". I have done the obvious, took batteries out and powered down, also changed the line cord but all to no avail. Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT8500 error message

@buzzb wrote:

Hi, shot in the dark but someone may know, my BT8500 can not make calls , ie no dial tone, but will recieve incoming calls fine. The message on screen says "line in use call cannot be made". I have done the obvious, took batteries out and powered down, also changed the line cord but all to no avail. Any help appreciated.

As that phone is fairly new I would imagine it might still be under warranty. If so there is a freephone number for help with this phone.

0800 145 6789

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
buzzb
Message 3 of 8

Yes, there is an 0800 no., not open until the morning, I will see if they can help.

0 Ratings
gpk2
Message 4 of 8

After a thunderstorm the other day, I have problems with my BT8500 phone. The line is OK (I've checked it with an old corded phone), but the cordless will not ring out, and incoming calls will ring but can't be answered. There is no dial tone, and most options under "Settings" come up with "You cannot use that feature on this base". I have disconnected the base and removed handset batteries several times, but no change. I have reset the handsets, but cannot reset the base. I have tried clearing the data, and re-registering the handsets, but cannot do this without the PIN: I'm sure I have never changed this from the default 0000, but it won't accept this or any possible alternatives. Of course, I can't change the PIN without knowing the original! I've spent hours online looking for ideas, but am now stumped. Can anyone PLEASE help?

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 5 of 8

Hi @gpk2 ,

This is a 5 year old thread so you are unlikely to get any replies from the previous posters.

Have you tried disconnecting the power lead for 30 seconds ?

0 Ratings
gpk2
Message 6 of 8

Thanks - yes, I have. I'll see if I can start a new thread - I've only registered today.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 7 of 8

Strange that 3 out of the top 5 thread on this page are about BT 8500 phones having problems.

Maybe one of the CL's can flag this up tp the mods.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

More likely to be storm damage, modern phones are easily damaged by lightning, especially if fed from an overhead line.

0 Ratings