Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bee2tee
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT8500 how to increase the time before the answer phone automatically starts

Go to solution

When someone phones who is in the memory, the answer phone automatically starts after about 10 secs, anyone know how I can increase that time?  It looks to me that the answer phone is either on or off with no time adjustment 😞

EQUIPMENT: BT8500 trio phone, BT line rental, BT broadband, and Safari on MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.5.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT8500 how to increase the time before the answer phone automatically starts

Go to solution

Hi @bee2tee and thanks for posting.

Does @GERIK post at Extend number of rings before answerphone kicks in help?

Menu, Select - Answerphone, Select - scroll down to settings, select - Ans. & record,select.  

This should bring you to  Answer delay - arrow left or right to add/minus number of rings.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
bee2tee
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Re: BT8500 how to increase the time before the answer phone automatically starts

Go to solution

Thanks David, the maximum is 10 rings, then it says "time saver", will the "time saver" give more rings/time?

NOTE:

Part 4 of the answer given by pottyperson in your link, is not included in the settings given on page 54 of the BT8500 manual and the PDF, it only talks about on/off:-

https://www.shop.bt.com/content/uni2/documentation/9m2r/bt8500_quick_start_guide.pdf

EQUIPMENT: BT8500 trio phone, BT line rental, BT broadband, and Safari on MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.5.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @bee2tee,

Thanks for getting back. To be honest I'm not sure if the 'time saver' will give more rings but it's worth trying. Can you let me know how it goes?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
bee2tee
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Will do, David, but I don't get many calls so it ay take a some of time.

A note for BT:-

It would be useful to have a time of say two minutes or whatever rings that equates too, because I am waiting for a call from my hospital and they do not leave a message, and if I phone them, I get their answer phone 😞  Hence anytime I am expecting a call from my hospital, I could set the the time to two minutes to ensure that I can take the call.  This may also be useful for anyone who is incapacitated.

0 Ratings
bee2tee
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

The 'time saver' resulted in 5 rings, so I'm not realy sure what the point of it is 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

The Time Saver is a bit of frippery for those who want remote access to messages left on their answer machine. By default, the facility kicks in after 20 rings; the Time Saver reduces this to 10.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
bee2tee
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

But pottyperson you post does not make sense, as it is impossible to have more than 10 rings before the answerphone trips in, unless you don't use the answerphone..  

Additionally, the 'time saver' on my phone resulted in only 5 rings, not 20/10, before the answer phone triped in, as I said before!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Time Saver is to do with remote access to your answer machine - see p51-52 of the handbook. I can't immediately see anything there about Time Saver but happen to know from elsewhere that it reduces the number of rings from the 20 stated on p52. Here's a more detailed explanation from another handbook.

Capture.JPG

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings