cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 48

Re: BT8600 Call Guardian Phone Problem

I have given up on our BT8600 working properly. What we do now is if any marketing calls or other nuisance calls are received we just block them. We don't got many nuisance calls these days.

0 Ratings
mitsumike41
Contributor
Message 32 of 48

Thanks George99, I like you get no nuisance calls any more, I get an overseas one about 3 times daily but he gets blocked, although I can see him in my calls list.

So that side works just fine, but some of my best friends who are in my contacts list have to announce themselves, which is very annoying for them and for me. Prior to this problem they used to get straight through. Co-incidentally I have just taken a call from my daughter, who obviously is in my contacts list and marked as a VIP, and she had to announce herself. Not happy!!!

I think I have now given up on this as nobody (particularly BT) have an answer to this problem, and I am just wating my time and that of others.

0 Ratings
mitsumike41
Contributor
Message 33 of 48

LOL Pompey!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 48

mitsumlike41

If you turn the call guardian off altogether your friends will get through along with anybody else. Then, like me, you can block and nuisance callers that you receive.

0 Ratings
mitsumike41
Contributor
Message 35 of 48

No I have switched Call Guardian off and now use the BT Call Protect, so black list any nuisance calls.
Works fine.
0 Ratings
marion-pat
Beginner
Message 36 of 48

Same problem here!  Just started 2 days ago.  Has anyone reset base station and if so does it affect the numbers I am holding on my hand set.  Thanks

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 37 of 48

@marion-patwrote:

Same problem here!  Just started 2 days ago.  Has anyone reset base station and if so does it affect the numbers I am holding on my hand set.  Thanks

This is quite an old thread so can you say what the problem is please ?

0 Ratings
marion-pat
Beginner
Message 38 of 48

Thanks for responding to me.  The problem is:  

A few days ago all callers to my BT8600 were intercepted by the Call Guardian message and asked to announce themselves even though, even though for the past 2years (ever since I had the phone) they have been able to bypass the interception.  Yes, I have a list of pre programmed numbers which I set up when I got the phone and have added to it by "pressing 2" when receiving the call or going back and saving the number as one that is okay to come through.

Today I switch the Call Guardian setting to "off" during the day and "on" at night.

I have checked that caller display is active as suggested by someone earlier in this thread.

I notice that I have filled the memory to 40% so there should be no problem.

I am reluctant to try resetting the the base unit just in case I loose all the numbers "saved".

Any suggestions to resolve this would be great.  Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 48

With Call Guardian off, does the phone show either the callers name, the callers number, or does is just say incoming call or unknown number?

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 48

I have reset my base unit a few times and you don't lose your stored numbers. It didn't solve my problem with favourite's being intercepted by the call guardian. Now if I get a weird call I just block the caller.
0 Ratings