cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 46

Re: BT8600 Call Guardian Phone Problem

I have just found out the "Do Not Disturb" is switched off so it's not that.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 46

If you are sure you have not added people to your block list by mistake, then It looks like a call to the help line, as I have run out of ideas.

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 46

Thanks for your help Keith. I'll let you know if I find a solution.
0 Ratings
Mb4
Message 14 of 46

I have exactly the same problem with my BT 8500 every thing you have said connects with me and I can’t fix it either first I was told the line was ok then they said it was the batteries eh no . Then I reset the whole thing again and I still have this problem 

0 Ratings
Mb4
Message 15 of 46

I have exactly the same problem practly to the letter with my BT8500 have reset the phone to no avail I have been told it’s not the line then they said it was needing new batteries eh no not that either . It is extremely annoying every time the phone is used router turns from blue to yellow . Who knows what’s next 

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 46

Hi Mb4
I know exactly how you feel.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 17 of 46

@Mb4wrote:

I have exactly the same problem practly to the letter with my BT8500 have reset the phone to no avail I have been told it’s not the line then they said it was needing new batteries eh no not that either .

It is extremely annoying every time the phone is used router turns from blue to yellow . Who knows what’s next That is entirely a different problem, maybe with your wiring.  Hopefully a guru will be along soon to help you.

@Keith_Beddoe

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 46

I have just called the BT "Helpline" only to be told that for items out of Guarantee the calls will cost 65p/min and I don't intend paying that.
I will go down the line of adding the phone numbers of friends and relatives to my allow list as per the details on page 31 of the online user guide, which is more comprehensive than the booklet provided with the phone. It can be found here:-
https://www.shop.bt.com/content/uni2/documentation/bv9s/3772_bt8600_ug_[1]_call_blocking_version.pdf

Yes it will be time consuming but I don't have much else to do at the moment. If anyone knows a better way please let me know.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 19 of 46

@George99wrote:
I have just called the BT "Helpline" only to be told that for items out of Guarantee the calls will cost 65p/min and I don't intend paying that.
I will go down the line of adding the phone numbers of friends and relatives to my allow list as per the details on page 31 of the online user guide, which is more comprehensive than the booklet provided with the phone. It can be found here:-Hi @George99,Ple ase pardon me if I am missing something here or am barking up the wrong tree.  If you did not have people in your allow list then is it not the case that they would have to announce themselves ? 
I have a BT 8600 quad ( bought a few days before Call Protect was launched ) but don't bother using it as Call Protect works fine for me

https://www.shop.bt.com/content/uni2/documentation/bv9s/3772_bt8600_ug_[1]_call_blocking_version.pdf

Yes it will be time consuming but I don't have much else to do at the moment. If anyone knows a better way please let me know.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 46

As @pompey1898 has said, you need to have all the numbers stored on your phone and be marked as allowed, for Call Guardian to work, otherwise it will not know who to reject.

You can add them via your incoming calls listing, as it may be quicker that way.

0 Ratings