cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 46

Re: BT8600 Call Guardian Phone Problem

I think now I have changed so many settings back and forth now I don't know what needs to say what. I do have all our contacts stored on the phone but all the options I get are, Custom, Announce, International & Answer Machine. How do I make my contacts allowed?
Any advice gratefully accepted.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 46

@George99wrote:
I think now I have changed so many settings back and forth now I don't know what needs to say what. I do have all our contacts stored on the phone but all the options I get are, Custom, Announce, International & Answer Machine. How do I make my contacts allowed?
Any advice gratefully accepted.

Hi @George99. Life is too short. Make a note of your contacts and buy the new Premium phones currently on offer ... Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 46

Thanks for that I'm a believer in once bitten twice shy.
0 Ratings
mitsumike41
Contributor
Message 24 of 46

I have the same problem. My Guardian worked fine for about a year, then suddenly it started making some of my contacts announce themselves, (but not all).

So how do I get all my contacts list to get straight through again with out anounce.

My Caller display is activated and I can see who is being asked to announce - Weird.

0 Ratings
Humpledink
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 46

I have the identical problem on some but not all incoming calls. The call comes in and although the number is in contacts, it has to be announced, but the phone shows who is calling as it provides the name from the contacts list. I first thought it was for calls from numbers with withheld CLI but I don't understand how it knows the name if the CLI is not sent. I know that the CLI is transmitted through the network irrespective of whether it is withheld or not and it is a function of the local exchange to provide the CLI to the called party. So basically, the signalling/messaging in the phone network tells the called local exchange to send the CLI to the called party or not.

I had this "feature" on a mobile that was calling and the only way to make it work was too totally remove the entry in the contacts list and the next time it came in press option 2 to always accept calls from this number. Why this suddenly changed I have no idea but to me it all points to something going on in the local exchange that we are not being told about.

0 Ratings
mitsumike41
Contributor
Message 26 of 46

Thanks Humpledink, sounds identical to mine.
I read somewhere to remove the contact from the contacts list add add it in as a new one, but afraid that did not work either.
I do have a few friends whose numbers are "witheld" and they have to announce who they are, serves them right!
So is BT going to provide the reason for this strange happening? A.
0 Ratings
mitsumike41
Contributor
Message 27 of 46

Separate but related question, how do I view my list of blocked numbers? A.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 28 of 46

@mitsumike41wrote:
Separate but related question, how do I view my list of blocked numbers? A.

Are you referring to BT Call Protect ? A.

0 Ratings
mitsumike41
Contributor
Message 29 of 46

I was actually referring to my Guardian settings on the BT8600 phone. I am getting the impression that the facility was changed by the introduction of Call Protect (which I have), back in August last year.
This is when my trouble and for others started.
I have just looked at call protect, but I have nobody in my Personal Blacklist and I can't see the BT one anyway.
But these people are not blocked, they just have to announce, but those in my personal contact list should not have to do this?
Some, but not many do still get straight through as intended, it is just a can of worms now - shame!
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 30 of 46

@mitsumike41wrote:
I was actually referring to my Guardian settings on the BT8600 phone. I am getting the impression that the facility was changed by the introduction of Call Protect (which I have), back in August last year.
This is when my trouble and for others started.
I have just looked at call protect, but I have nobody in my Personal Blacklist and I can't see the BT one anyway.
But these people are not blocked, they just have to announce, but those in my personal contact list should not have to do this?
Some, but not many do still get straight through as intended, it is just a can of worms now - shame!

Have you checked the user manual.

0 Ratings