cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marion-pat
Beginner
Message 41 of 46

Re: BT8600 Call Guardian Phone Problem

Many thanks George99, I think I will have to do the same as you.

0 Ratings
marion-pat
Beginner
Message 42 of 46

Hi Keith,  With Gall Guardian "off" - saved callers details are shown on screen, the ring tone I have allocated to specific callers takes place as expected.

With Call Guardian "off" new caller number is displayed - it does not say unknown caller on my test run.

With Call Guardian "on" saved callers details shown on screen, ring tone selected to identify them sounds  BUT they have to announce them selves and I get the message that an announced caller is on the line.  

With Call Guardian "on" unsaved or new callers are greeted with the Screening message, when they leave number and press hash, my phone rings with the "tone" I selected to identify new callers and they are announced for me as usual.

Thanks for your interest in my question

0 Ratings
mitsumike41
Contributor
Message 43 of 46

Hi there, just forget Call Guardian, nobody at BT or elsewhere has ever come up with a solution for this problem.

Eons ago I switched Call Guardian off and now use Call Protect.

When some unknown caller (scam or marketing) gets through, I hang up and dial 1572 and add them to my personal black list.

I have just checked my blacklist and there are 40 calls in there.

There are 207 calls into my junk email box, which I don't look at - why should I !!

So bottom line is - bin Call Guardian and use Call Protect.

0 Ratings
mitsumike41
Contributor
Message 44 of 46

Sorry I meant to add that with Call Protect on, all numbers calling are displayed and my personal ringtones all work. Sorted.

0 Ratings
marion-pat
Beginner
Message 45 of 46

Thanks mitsumike - good idea!

0 Ratings
Stompa
Contributor
Message 46 of 46

@mitsumike41wrote:

Hi there, just forget Call Guardian, nobody at BT or elsewhere has ever come up with a solution for this problem.

Eons ago I switched Call Guardian off and now use Call Protect.

When some unknown caller (scam or marketing) gets through, I hang up and dial 1572 and add them to my personal black list.

I have just checked my blacklist and there are 40 calls in there.

There are 207 calls into my junk email box, which I don't look at - why should I !!

So bottom line is - bin Call Guardian and use Call Protect.

That's all very well, but I've never found blacklisting to be worth the bother. The vast majority of my junk calls only call once from a particular number. Call Guardian (when it works!) also has the advantage that it carries on working when you switch provider.

0 Ratings