cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spindleken
Message 1 of 7

BT8600 Quad - Not all handsets ring

2 of the 4 handsets didn't ring on incoming calls. I checked the ringer off/on by pressing and holding down the star button all were set to on. However only the 2 phones that always rang gave a brief ring when the 'ringer on' msg was displayed the other 2 displayed the 'ringer on' msg but were silent. I prized the back off each of the silent phones and removed both batteries. 2/3 minutes later I put them back in and bingo every phone rings. Tech support told me to do this as it reboots the handset software. I don't have any special barring set up only the announcement setting.
6 REPLIES 6
londonneil
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT8600 Quad - Not all handsets ring

Thanks. Worked for a handset on a BT8610 in just the same way.

0 Ratings
DerekDavis
Message 3 of 7

Thanks. The only thing that cured 2 non-ringing handsets out of 3 (after much mucking about down blind avenues) on a BT Premium Phone!

Derek Davis

0 Ratings
Driad
Message 4 of 7

Hi Spindleken , Just to say this is a totally brilliant answer and solved my probs straight away . Thank you
Driad
0 Ratings
JY1
Message 5 of 7

Thank you! We had this issue with 1 phone out of 4 not ringing and this sorted it immediately.

0 Ratings
Joel2
Message 6 of 7

Thanks - worked for me on a Premium Phone Trio
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

That's a great post from @Spindleken .

Fantastic to see a post from way back in 2016 is still offering help to the community.  Just what the community is all about.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings