cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spindleken
Message 1 of 7

BT8600 Quad - Not all handsets ring

2 of the 4 handsets didn't ring on incoming calls. I checked the ringer off/on by pressing and holding down the star button all were set to on. However only the 2 phones that always rang gave a brief ring when the 'ringer on' msg was displayed the other 2 displayed the 'ringer on' msg but were silent. I prized the back off each of the silent phones and removed both batteries. 2/3 minutes later I put them back in and bingo every phone rings. Tech support told me to do this as it reboots the handset software. I don't have any special barring set up only the announcement setting.
6 REPLIES 6
londonneil
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT8600 Quad - Not all handsets ring

Thanks. Worked for a handset on a BT8610 in just the same way.

0 Ratings
DerekDavis
Message 3 of 7

Thanks. The only thing that cured 2 non-ringing handsets out of 3 (after much mucking about down blind avenues) on a BT Premium Phone!

Derek Davis

0 Ratings
Driad
Message 4 of 7

Hi Spindleken , Just to say this is a totally brilliant answer and solved my probs straight away . Thank you
Driad
0 Ratings
JY1
Message 5 of 7

Thank you! We had this issue with 1 phone out of 4 not ringing and this sorted it immediately.

0 Ratings
Joel2
Message 6 of 7

Thanks - worked for me on a Premium Phone Trio
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

That's a great post from @Spindleken .

Fantastic to see a post from way back in 2016 is still offering help to the community.  Just what the community is all about.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings