cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT8600 Quad. "Announced" calls for "Allowed" callers?

BT8600 Quad. "Announced" calls for "Allowed" callers?

Initially we had one "Allowed" caller who had to go through the "Announced" caller routine. It then went to two "Allowed" callers having to go through the "Announced" routine. It is now three "Allowed" callers having to go through the "Announced" routine? Where will it end?

My service is provided by BT.

I have checked through the relevant Q&A's and have been through those replies/answers with no improvement in our own situation.

I done the *#234# test and that was ok.

The equipment is out of warranty.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated, please?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT8600 Quad. "Announced" calls for "Allowed" callers?

Hi GRB1,  Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Do you have do not disturb activated? If you do and the caller is not on your VIP list as well as the allowed list they will still be diverted to the automated message. If that's not the case and the number is in the allowed list you may need to reset the handset and base station then set the phone up again to see if that works. Information on how to do this can be found on page 67 of the User Guide.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT8600 Quad. "Announced" calls for "Allowed" callers?

Thanks very much for your reply.

No, "Do not disturb" is off.

I have even tried adding the "problem numbers" again but the phone says they are already allowed?

My concern with the reset, if I am reading this properly, is that I will lose all my contacts?

Is this correct?

0 Ratings