Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 17

BT8600 and BT6500 'phones transfer of contacts

Go to solution

I'm looking to replace my BT6500 'phones with the BT8600.  

Is there any way the contacts from the BT6500 can be transferred to the BT8600?

I'd also like to keep the existing cables in place, both the power and the one to the socket, it will save me a lot of trouble if i can do that. Is it possible or even advisable?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT8600 and BT6500 'phones transfer of contacts

Go to solution

Hi @Gratias and thanks for posting.

I've had a look through the userguide for the BT 8600 and there doesn't appear to be any instructions on how to transfer or import contacts from another handset. The help desk might be able to help with this. You can call them on 0800 145 6789.

Cheers

David

raywarren
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution
If you can get through 😁😁😁. Observation very busy person . Don't ring from a mobile phone , it keeps cutting you off (I hope 😊it's the phone and not bt disconnecting ....
0 Ratings
raywarren
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution
Obviously (correction , preemptive bleedin text )
0 Ratings
bigmentor
Beginner
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

You have said that the problem is solved - but you don't say how - please tell me

0 Ratings
Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

The solution is that it isn't possible to transfer.

In order to close the thread I had to flag it as being solved.

0 Ratings
yanzi
Beginner
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Usually, we can transfer contacts between mobile phones by using Google account or mobile phone transfer program like coolmuster mobile transfer. It's not difficult. 

0 Ratings
jbyng
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

I have just been supplied BT Essential Digital Home Phones with HD calling.  I had to enter all my contacts using the key pad.

I strongly recommend that BT find a better way of doing this.  Since the handsets are digital and communicate via the home hub it should be possible to construct a facility for entering contacts via a home PC or laptop.  Even better would be a facility to export the data from the old analogue handsets via the hub to the new digital handsets. 

Come on BT - show what you can do.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Expert
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @jbyng 

I doubt that there'll be a solution for transferring contacts between analogue and digital, nor would it be worth investing in for a one off event.

If you haven't already done this, export your contacts to a file from your hub because resetting the hub loses them. They can quickly be imported back then.

jbyng
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Thank you Andy005 for this suggestion.  It took a while but I eventually found the facility, on my Hub Manager, to export and import vCard files to the phone contacts.  It needs to be published more prominently with guidance for finding it.  I suspect it might even be possible to export contacts from Outlook or Google contacts as vCard files to the Hub saving the trouble of inputing via the keypad on the phone.