cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosie17
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT8600 can make calls but won’t receive calls

Our BT8600 has been working fine (and is now out of warranty).  For a few days the handset has displayed a message saying there’s been a power cut and to check the time and date.  Today when the phone rang it didn’t show the caller, the display merely showed the BT logo.  Although the base kept ringing it would not allow me to answer the call.  Even when I pressed the ‘answer’ button the base kept ringing.  The handset display went black and I couldn’t answer the call.  Luckily I have a very old handset upstairs so I answered on that but could hear the BT8600 ringing on the line while I was talking.  BT are aware that I need to have a phone for medical reasons yet I couldn’t get anyone to help.  I even offered to buy another version of this phone and the sales dept suggested I look online as it would be cheaper!!!!!  If i have to buy another phone I will but would like to know what’s wrong with this if anyone can help me please.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Danathan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT8600 can make calls but won’t receive calls

Have you looked here:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55303/~/bt8600-advanced-call-blocker

There's an out-of-warranty helpline number, and a number of FAQs.

Rosie17
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thank you Danathan for taking the time to reply. I had tried the ‘out of warranty’ but no solution was offered. However I googled the issue and I’m going to try replacing the batteries before I look at a new phone. But I so appreciate the link you sent. Thank you very much
0 Ratings
Danathan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Rechargeable batteries do have a finite life. I hope that’s the solution to your issue. Kindest regards...

Highlighted
pompey1898
Expert
Message 5 of 8

Hi @Rosie17 ,

I hope I am not attempting fate here !

I have had an 8600 quad for nearly 5 years and have not had any problem and have not had to change batteries in any of the four.  Cahnging batteries is often used as a solution on here.

A question for you.  Do you leave the handset/s permanently on the base/s.  If so you are not working the rechargeable batteries.  I leave mine off the bases until the batteries have nearly discharged and them put them on the bases to recharge.

0 Ratings
Rosie17
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Hi Pompey1898

when I’m not using the phone I always leave it in the base. I only have a single handset as my other phone is connected to a printer/fax. Don’t actually understand the workings but I couldn’t have a call screening phone on fax -  hence single handset. So really don’t want to buy a new phone and have to type in all the contacts. Fingers crossed that it’s the batteries. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Have you tried unplugging the printer/fax from the phone line, to see if that is causing the problem?

Rosie17
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Hi Keith

yes, I have tried that but will give it another try  tomorrow.  Thank you

0 Ratings