cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kahiara
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT8600 - please add feature for vulnerable people!

Hi,

I am aware of someone who is a vulnerable and paranoid person. As a result we suggested the BT 8600 to help prevent the calls. The problem is, seeing the blocked calls in the phone history still deeply distresses this person to the point they unplug their phone in distress. This could be bad as if they need to be contacted or contact others in emergency, their phone will not be connected!

Please can you let me know if there is a way to make it so the phone keeps blocking witheld calls but we have the choice to NOT enable a history of blocked calls on the phone - so the person does not see that calls have come in. As they are distressed someone is bothering them/after them, not speaking to the person calling on a withheld number is only half of the problem - they still think they are being harrassed. They can't grasp it's a machine making the calls and then some morally challenged person making a sales call. To be clear, I would like to be able to turn off the history/recording of blocked calls (e.g. witheld numbers) only!

If your BT support team could add this feature as one that could be enabled or disabled that would be such a relief to this person's life and the people who have to re-assure them after each call is blocked. If this feature is already there - what are the instructions to access it?

I am really hoping you guys can get someone at BT to help! I know of Ofcom but they don't do anything so please don't suggest them. The person is already TPS registered etc. It won't take someone at BT very long to code this into the phone and I'm sure this person is not the only one affected in such a way. When I spent some time at Ofcom I personally saw a vast amount of people distressed by these calls and such a simple option, for some, will provide much needed relief!

K x

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT8600 - please add feature for vulnerable people!

Fit an answering machine, the only sure way to block these unwanted callers, and real callers can leave a message if it's important. We only answer calls we want now, I got so fed up with the scammers. Hope you can get this sorted out soon, best regards.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

@Havnalaff

The BT 8600 has a built in answerphone

0 Ratings
Kahiara
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hi all thanks for trying to help but I wasn't asking for how to block the calls or fitting an answerphone. Obviously we want the calls blocked but for the person I'm trying to help it upsets them knowing calls are coming in. They calls are being blocked but the person doesn't like to see them when they go through their call history looking for any missed calls from friends. They are upset by the knowledge that these morally challenged callers are harrassing them and are trying to get through to them and calling again and again.

What I want is the ability to turn off showing the blocked calls in the call history - so they have the peace of mind by not knowing the salespeople are still bothering them in any way. A sort of ignorance is bliss - the phone is doing what it should and blocking those calls, and the person doesn't even need to know the phone is doing it. When they go through their call history, I think it would be helpful to offer the option where they just see missed calls from displayed numbers - so they are not reminded once again that they have to pay more money to get these calls blocked and that these people are still trying to disturb them.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

The BT8600 was not designed to do that.

This new sevice from BT may be more useful when its launched.

http://home.bt.com/news/bt-life/bt-offers-breakthrough-service-to-divert-huge-numbers-of-nuisance-ca...

0 Ratings