Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Westyfield2
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT8600 vs BT8500

Go to solution

Simple question:  What's the difference between the BT8600 and the BT8500?

For what it's worth, my suggestions on what needed improving on the BT8500:

• Screen brightness isn't that great when used outdoor - improve the brightness
  • The recording of my announce message isn't great quality - the microphone needs improving.
  • The recording of my announce message is played to the caller after a built-in message that can't be disabled.  I'd like to record the whole message so that the caller only hears me and not the built-in announce message.
  • The handsets don't have a jack port on them - would be useful to plug in a headset mic/phones for handsfree.
  • The announce message and voicemail greeting have to be recorded using a phone handset - would be nice if I could record by some other means (computer) and upload the recording.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
leshay
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT8600 vs BT8500

Go to solution
Hi
I believe the only difference is that the 8600 has a dedicated button for the 'block' function.
Are you aware of the handsfree function already on the phone, accessed by a second press of the 'answer' button?
Regards from Livingston, Scotland
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Westyfield2
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks but yes, I'm aware of the speakerphone function already.

0 Ratings
jazznorthwest
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I'd like the ability to connect to the internet and upgrade software when available, then they could respond to software problems, or improvements. Also, just having listened to a lengthy message on my answerphone, only to miss the one important bit after 3 minutes, an ability to fast forward a message!

0 Ratings