cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT8600 with TrueCall won't let some overseas contacts get through.

I have a BT8600 "powered by truecall",  and sometimes overseas numbers on our list don't get though, even although the machine recognises them when we look at calls received. Any suggestions? Software update?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT8600 with TrueCall won't let some overseas contacts get through.

@Lestheprof 

What happens, are they forced to announce themselves, or have you set the call blocking mode to answerphone?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

The call blocking mode is answerphone, they announce themselves, apparently, but then nothing happens. But they shouldn't be call blocked at all - they are in the phone book, and they get correctly identified when we look at previous calls.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Is BT Retail your phone provider?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Yes
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Can you make sure that you have not set blocking for International calls.

Capture.JPG

If you have checked all of those settings, then it may be something within the incoming CLI, that is not being interpreted properly.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Strangely, when I put my pin in, I don't get "BT Call Blocking`', but instead get a menu with 4 items, BT Call Guardian, Do Not Disturb, Outgoing Calls, VIP List and Change Pin; entering the submenu from "BT Call Guardian", I get a submenu with Guardian Settings, Announce msg, Block Numbers, Allow Numbers. Entering "Guardian Settings", I get Guardian Mode announce on/off (it's on). But I can't find the menu above - and I'm sure some international numbers do get through.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

That would be what I see on my BT 4600.

Not sure why certain international numbers are not being directly connected in your case, but at least they can get through if they announce themselves. It may be something to do with the phone not recognizing that specific prefix.

You could ring the helpdesk number.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

OK: in fact, they don't get through - they announce themselves, but the phone doesn't ring.

But I'll try the helpline. I strongly suspect a software bug - this has happened *sometimes* from Germany, and sometimes fromSwitzerland, but not always. 

Going away for a few days now, but watch this space!

0 Ratings