cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afcbh
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT8610 - Turn off blue light? Stop base ringing?

Just got three BT8610 phones and very pleased so far. 

One of the phones with a non-answerphone base is in the bedroom and emits a blue light from the bottom of the base which lights up the room at night. Is there a way to turn this off please?

Also, the phone base rings, can I change it to just the phone ringing please? I tried turning the volume off but it still rung.

Finally the 3rd phone continue to ring for a period after the call has been answered on the 1st phone. Is this a setting or just a delay in the phone realising the call has been answered? 

Thank you.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
pompey1898
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT8610 - Turn off blue light? Stop base ringing?

@afcbh wrote:

Just got three BT8610 phones and very pleased so far. 

One of the phones with a non-answerphone base is in the bedroom and emits a blue light from the bottom of the base which lights up the room at night. Is there a way to turn this off please?Unplug it at night.  The batteries will easily last the night.

Also, the phone base rings, can I change it to just the phone ringing please? I tried turning the volume off but it still rung. It is the phones that ring, otherwise they would not ring if taken away from the base.  In nay case if you turn the volumes all the way down it turns the ringer off.

Finally the 3rd phone continue to ring for a period after the call has been answered on the 1st phone. Is this a setting or just a delay in the phone realising the call has been answered?  Yes, it only lasts fro a split second or so.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Parsnippo
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT8610 - Turn off blue light? Stop base ringing?

No need to switch off or unplug, simply take the phone off the base unit and the blue light goes off. Put the phone back on the base unit the next morning.  Happy Days !!

BT does need to think about this a bit more though since its pretty obvious that a phone might be needed in a bedroom and the blue light is way too bright.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings