cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT8610 and Caller Display

@SwanseaMick did the helpdesk ask you to try your new phone in the test socket without a filter to see if the incoming call displayed? 

test socket.jpg

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
SwanseaMick
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Thank you Pompey1898, I wasn't aware of the added types of call that Call Protect blocks, (little knowledge etc..) but on checking, I found I do block BT's blacklist as well as my own! However, I don't wish to block all international calls, as my daughter lives in NZ, and nor do I want to block all calls from people who withhold their number, as there are some people I know who use it who I want to re eive calls from!

The BT8610 is an additional defence, as those callers which the phone is not sure of, are told to announce themselves first, and before answering one hears the announcement, and if caller is not recognised, they can be immediately added to my phones block list, or sent direct to answerphone.

Hopefully, with the phone and Call Protect in operation, I should avoid even more junk calls

0 Ratings
SwanseaMick
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

No NeilO,  they didn't. Their bad!
However, I have a new Master plate with two sockets, one for BB (with built in filter) and another for the phone (unfiltered). I am of course assuming there is now nothing now between the test socket and phone socket

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

@SwanseaMick it may do no harm to remove the filtered faceplate and try the phone directly to the test socket. I have seen issues with caller display caused by filters before so its worth trying to rule that out.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
SwanseaMick
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

NeilO,

Sorry for delay in replying, been waiting for BT to solve problem, but they came back saying it is my equipment that is at fault.

Sad to say, my new phone does appear to be faulty, insofar as it does not display caller ID!!! aaaarrrggh.

Without another phone to test hypotheses, I scratched around and discovered my Brother Multipurpose wireless printer has Caller Display, and after a lot of ffaffing around, plugged it directly into master socket (with built in filter) and guess what, it worked fine.

I then tried plugging the phone directly into same socket and no caller ID, thus confirming that it was my new BT phone that was at fault.

Before I replace the phone, do any of you know whether there is a hidden setting on the BT8610 to disable caller display?

PS Tested phone directly in Test Socket too - still no joy!

0 Ratings