Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cssh0599
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Banging My Head Against A Brick Wall

Wonder if anyone on here can help.

I simple wanted to move my broadband from Sky to BT.

Completed order with BT, who contacted Sky. On the activation date the Sky Broadband went off, but BT broadband did not come on. I now find out that BT have transferred my work telephone number (which was with Vodafone) to my house instead of my residential number which was with Sky. I work for my brothers company, so have no claim to this works number as it is registered to him at a completely different postal address.
The result is I have no broadband, and my brothers company have lost their phone line.
Despite spending literally hours on the phone to BT every day for the last 5 days since this happens, we are still in the same situation. All I get from BT is that they are very sorry, and that they don’t know how to resolve this issue. They never return calls, and are the worst company I have EVER dealt with.

Anyone got any suggestions how I can speak to someone at BT who a) cares, and b) can actually do something about it. Not having phones at work the week before Christmas is cost my brothers company a lot of money.

Many thanks
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Banging My Head Against A Brick Wall

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Cssh0599
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thank you so much, that’s great
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Did you brother not get a letter from Voda that someone was trying to "slam" his line & giving him 2 weeks to object. He should've.

Cssh0599
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi, thanks for the reply. I handle all the post at work, and can 100% say that we never received any letter at all from BT or Vodafone. I am still amazed that this can actually happen, I have never heard of it before. From BT’s response, it seems they have no idea how it happened or what to do about.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Cssh0599,

I'm sorry things have gone so badly wrong with your move back to BT. Just to check is your Sky residential number still working okay? Or did this stop as well when the Broadband went off? 

When you placed your order with BT did you ask to keep your Sky number?

I'll need to take a look at your BT account to see whats gone wrong. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings