Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Arng
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Being charged for calls not made by me

Go to solution
I seem to have cross line although the test says not. The phone is at a second home which is empty, I have phone call charges from 12-16th Jan when I know the house was empty. There is no alarm. The calls seem to be to various different numbers. I am not going there for another 2 weeks - what can I do? The phone does not sound like it is ringing through the webcam. We normally turn off the cordless when away.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Being charged for calls not made by me

Go to solution
dial 17070 an see if your number is read back to you it could be a crossed line
0 Ratings
Arng
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Dear John46
Unfortunately I am not at the property and won’t be for another 2-3weeks. The main purpose of the line is for broadband - which is working. The house is empty so I know 100% that the calls were not made from the telephone in the house.
0 Ratings
Arng
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

It seems that I have been charged for calls between the 12 and 16th January - I have not been charged for anymore.  Could this of been a cross line for this period which has now been fixed? Luckily the bill is £11 - but this could have been far higher.  How do I reclaim this as there were definitely no calls made from the house?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Until you can check it is not a crossed line you can do nothing
0 Ratings
Arng
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Glad to say that engineer went today and found fault in cabinet. What a dilemma - not sure how many hours wasted but sorted now.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
a good result you need to contact customer service to get the charges removed from your bill
0 Ratings