cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redhed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Bit of an odd house move scenario - advice please?

We are moving house to be nearer to my mum, and the easiest way to do this has turned out to be for her to downsize into a flat and for us to move into her old house.  So far, so straightforward.

However, we're not all moving on the same day.  She's completing on her new place, doing a bit of work to it, moving, we're doing a bit of work on her house and then we're moving.  So for a few weeks she will own two properties and kind of be living in both of them.  

The old property (fwiw) was on talktalk.  It's fibre-able, though she's not going to need it.

She would like to take her old number with her because it's the same area code.  

What's going to be the least messy way to do this?  My current thinking is: 

- check talktalk have disconnected when the previous owners move out.
- tell BT she is moving in about week after actual completion, and take the old number with her. *

- set up a new line in our name at the same date.

- redirect her old number to the new one until she actually moves.

- sort any call costs to our number while it's still her house out amongst ourselves.

*in case talktalk haven't disconnected and there is some faff about that.  But the date doesn't really matter.

Thoughts?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
CJT80
Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Bit of an odd house move scenario - advice please?

@redhed wrote:

What's going to be the least messy way to do this?  My current thinking is: 

- check talktalk have disconnected when the previous owners move out. - what property? If it's the flat she is moving out of Do Not use the term Disconnect.  She is moving. 
- tell BT she is moving in about week after actual completion, and take the old number with her. * - Depends when she wants the number to be moved?

- set up a new line in our name at the same date. - Not idea at a cost of £135 (usually) for a new line (the 2nd one) and then a cease charge on top for the old line to be disconnected.

- redirect her old number to the new one until she actually moves. - Confused, is there a new line?

- sort any call costs to our number while it's still her house out amongst ourselves. - Again confusing...

*in case talktalk haven't disconnected and there is some faff about that.  But the date doesn't really matter.

Thoughts?

Hi @redhed I have replied to each of your points above. 

Smiley Happy

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings