cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madry7
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Bt 2100

BT 2100 handsets, im trying to link the phone to the base, i had to order a new base and now i cant link the phones to the new base . I can't access the menu on the handset at all whenever i press any button it just says no base link check base.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Bt 2100

Hi @Madry7

I think you may need to call the product helpdesk for this one. I've looked at the user manual and normally I would suggest doing a reset, but you have to do this via the handset.

The only thing you may want to give a try, is removing the batteries from the handset for a few minutes and see if when replacing them the handsets looks for the base. Let us know how you get on.

Product helpdesk details

If your phone is within warranty:

By phone: 0808 100 6556

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: Click here for email support

If your product is out of warranty contact BT's recommended agent

By phone: 0800 980 8999

Madry7
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your help ill give them a call
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Follow the process on page 29 of the user manual to register each handset to the new base unit. You have to treat each handset as if it was an additional one.

See paragraph 3

If the handset has previously been registered to another base it
will show
REGIsTRATIOn
. If the handset has not previously been
registered to a base it will show
UnREGIsTERED
, press
Menu
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

Hi @Keith_Beddoe

The OP says he cant access any menus on the handset to do any resets or join a base station.

0 Ratings
Madry7
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

I cant access the menu on any of the phones as soon as i hit any button it just says no base link
0 Ratings
Madry7
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Thats correct
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Its the base station menu which you use, see page 29.

http://bt.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/1687238/1271329395/redirect/1/filename/BT_Graphite_2100_usergu...

You have a limited time to do that. During that period you should be able to access the menu on the handset.

If all fails, then only the helpdesk may be able to help, but I suspect that you may have to reset the base unit to factory default.

0 Ratings
Madry7
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

No you press and hold the find button on the base then all other menus are on the handset
0 Ratings