cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rchircop19
Message 1 of 4

Bt 8500 blocking contacts

Hello, I recently bought the bt 8500 duo and I'm using it in Malta. I'm very happy with them but I'm encountering a problem when blocking a particular contact.

In my contact list I have these 3 numbers listed for 3 different people.

I think that because all the numbers end in the same way the phone is not recognising who is really calling. If I block one of these numbers, calls still come through. Any idea if this problem can be solved please.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt 8500 blocking contacts

@rchircop19 I'd recommend that you contact the BT8500 helpdesk on this link to see if there is a solution to your issue. You can also email them if it's not convenient to call.

Thanks

0 Ratings
rchircop19
Message 3 of 4

It's not letting me send a message because it needs a UK postcode and phone number. I entered fake ones but it gave me an error.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@rchircop19 I can see the following statement on the BT8500 user guide. 'This product is intended for use within the UK for connection to the public telephone network and compatible switchboards.'

The Helpdesk may not be able to offer you assistance as you are using the phone in Malta and the phone has been designed to work in the UK but you may be able to work around the webforms request for an address and contact number by carrying out a web search for real details to use instead.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings