Message 1 of 6

Bt fault reporting useless if you have an exchange fault

Trying to report my home phone as faulty

getting engaged tone ( equipment )  after dialling a single digit eg 0 or 2  

if I dial 9 I get the engaged tone after dialling 999

incoming calls ok

broadband ok

dialtone ok

i can break dial tone with LD & MF  but get the engaged  tone after 999 or 2 or 0 etc

fault receptionists keep telling me my line is ok

bet there are other customers of this exchange with same symptoms but cannot get anyone to listen to me

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt fault reporting useless if you have an exchange fault

can you not use mobile 0800800151?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nemu
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Yes I called 0800800151  spoke with asian call centre who assured me nothing wrong with my line and my handsets must be faulty

which is NOT the case,   Fault in exchange 

i have to wait a couple pf days before appt for engineer to call to house , what a pathetic situation

years ago the fault reception could test into exch with line test equipment and confirm what i am reporting

and therefore steer fault to correct dept  

just seen bt openreach guy in my local CAB  he said they have  had a surge in fault reports off my exchange all with line tok  , funny that 

0 Ratings
nemu
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Reports on local social media that others affected off this exchange 

Doubles my conviction of an exchange fault

which would / should cause an automatic alarm on the exchange equipment to be flagged up to the central 24hr manned monitoring centre

Are these exchange equipment  alarms  responded to and dealt with urgently   Seems not !

still waiting for my outgoing phone service to be restored   , so still engaged tone dialing 999

somehow this has been flagged as the soultion to the original thread by the forum 

IT IS NOT THE SOLOUTION THE FAULT IN THE EXCHANGE STILL EXISITS  AND THE FAULT REPORTING SYSTEM and procedures for a potential exchange fault THAT BT USES NEEDS REVIEWING 

0 Ratings
Starwire
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

The BT Consumer Fault Desk no longer have access to CSS or OMC. It was taken away from them in 2006 when they were Split from Openreach.

their Line Test System now relies on the SIN349.

There’s nothing they can do about it, people demanded what is now Openreach be split from the Retail part of BT as they had this idea in their head it would make their internet faster and this is a consequence of it. 

0 Ratings
nemu
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Thanks Starwire

What a backward step and they call this progress

BT needs to address this issue

my line now working this morning my appt is for this afternoon so i guess another openreach engineer has been to another fault and reported it to exchange staff  2days to fix an exchange fault in 2019 is  dire

0 Ratings