cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Bt home hub cuts out when receiving or making a call from landline.

Basically as the title states. Every time a phone call is made or one made to use the broadband will disconnect flashing orange an then eventually turn back blue. As you can tell this is very annoying as im paying for a service that is not being provided to me. It happened a fews months back as well in Jan was unsure on the error so removed the adsl face plate an plugs the mircofilter into the master socket this stopped the issue for a month however now it has returned. My uncle who used to not now work very high up in Bt the company told me to make a call an report an intimittent fault as he believes that to be the case. Would an engineer in this situation coming out help me we have been with BT basically our whole life but im starting to get tired of all the issues that is causes us so any advice would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt home hub cuts out when receiving or making a call from landline.

If you connect to test socket with a new filter and your connection still drops when making/receiving a call then phone 151 and get engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for the reply so you think the best course of action will be to get someone out. Any idea what is causing this fault as its pretty annoying to have the phone unplugged just so i can work etc but ill call them in the morning thanks Smiley Happy 

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Broadband dropping out when a Call is made or received is usually the result of a HR DIS.

Have you tried it in the test socket of the NTE?
0 Ratings