cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbhunt1
Message 1 of 6

Bt open line fault not fixed.

Fault reported 24th may,diagnostic run shows problem within Bt's network...3 working day fix.

29th May 10.19am...more time needed.

29th May 23.59pm...apologies if repair date outside expected 3 days of fault report.

Now 7th of June,no contact since 29th May,still no phone.BT have my mobile No. E mail address etc.

I have called fault tracking numerous times who tell me,"Yes there is a fault"but not when it will be fixed.

Is there a higher authority I can contact for some answers??

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt open line fault not fixed.

The network is provided and maintained by Openreach on behalf of all providers of which BT is just one

BT like all other providers can only provide information when they receive it
0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

'BT like all other providers can only provide information when they receive it'

Can BT Retail not phone Openreach?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

As you well know Openreach don't communicate with ISPs that well
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

That doesn't answer the question, can BT Retail call Openreach if they feel the updates they supply via whatever means is insufficient or can't they?

Or have the Mods not coached you on this particular part of the Openreach blame game?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

they can indeed call Openreach but whether Openreach care to update them or any other provider is Openreach's decision

The simple answer is Openreach is a law unto itself and no provider has an alternative source of supply as you well know

and like others here we are all customers and are not coached by the mods in any way
0 Ratings