cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David80
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Bt unable to install telephone line in Central east London

I placed an order to have broadband installed on the 26th of July. We live in a new building which was completed in April this year, in E1 central East London. Well, after all this time internet has not been installed, and it is getting delayed, month after month, now for the 15th of October.
The new excuse is that Bt needs to install the line and need to do some work in the street. This work needs to be done now, not 4 or 5 months ago when it should have been done.
The funny thing is that we have two elevators which, if they are not connected to any emergency telephone line, is against the law. We are going to start conversations with the Tower Hamlets council to raise a case about it.
I already received the router and the you view device which are happily stored and with no use. The important thing is that BT, of course, took the money for the line rental that I am not using and that is not even installed!
Thanks Bt, good work, looking forward to have telephone line one day and switch to a different, real provider.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt unable to install telephone line in Central east London

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

You would get the same result with another service provider.

See http://www.expect.openreach.co.uk/

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

You shouldn't be using the lift then if you have concerns about the legality of using one without an emergency phone.
0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Yeah but then he'd have nothing to moan about.......
0 Ratings