Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AIB5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Bt8500base handset

Go to solution

Bt 8500. When I press key on base handset, screen goes black and keys are dead. Batteries showing fully charged. Other phone ok. This is a twin pack. I’m fed up of it. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bt8500base handset

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

First take the batteries out of the base handset, then wait about a minute, then put them back in. See if that helps.

How old are the phones?

0 Ratings
AIB5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks, already tried several times, including new batteries. My next shot is to try the old unplug and put the the plug back in.  Not tried that one yet. You know, technology is great when it’s working properly or you have the knowledge. But when it isn’t and you do not have that knowledge, it can be a pain.  😁😁 I am 71 but learning all the time Keith. Thanks again and hope your household have nice Christmas and New year. Thanks  🎄🎄

0 Ratings
AIB5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Sorry forgot to mention (age)😀😀Phone about three years old. Possibly should retire it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I think you have probably tried all the other things I would have suggested, including replacing the rechargable batteries.

Have you tried swapping the handsets over to see if the base handset works on the extension charger base, just in case there is an issue with the base unit charger?

It could well be a hardware/software issue with that handset, there are places that do sell additional handsets which you could pair up with your existing base. Look on a well known auction site, as it may be worth a try.

AIB5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Cheers Keith. Thanks for your suggestions. 

Tony. Doncaster

0 Ratings
AIB5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Hi Keith. Finally got, 8500 call blocker sorted. It had been turned off for some reason at the Provider's end. Now blocker working perfectly. Thanks for your help and info. Tony AIB5. Doncaster. Cheers.
0 Ratings
AIB5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi.  Problem with 8500 base handset sorted, by me. I had not used the proper rechargeable batteries. And you must use the batteries specified in the handbook and all is now well. I’m a happy bunny. Still, my best wishes to BT Customer Support Ennerskillen. The Best. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻  All of have a Great Christmas and New Year.

AIB5

Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @AIB5,

Thank you for posting back. I'm glad your been able to get the 8500 working. 

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
AIB5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks Keith. Hope you and your colleagues and families have a Great Christmas and New Year. 

AIB5

0 Ratings